[Foundation-l] Non-commercial images

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 09:13:28 UTC 2006

luke brandt schreef:
> Sam Korn wrote:
>
>> On 12/15/06, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On issues such as whether we should allow NC images I, as member of
>>> the current Board, definitely don't think there should be any project
>>> level autonomy at all. If we want to keep our content compatible
>>> across languages and projects, we need to apply a consistent standard
>>> of freedom.
>>>
>> Is that really necessary?  Yes, a defined *minimum* level of freedom
>> is necessary for cross-project compatibility, but that doesn't have to
>> preclude allowing projects from being *more* strict than the
>> Foundation-defined minimum.
>>

> Hi - for information (and it has some relevance) the recent EN
> discussion on non-commercial images can be found at this web address:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Fair_use#Fair_use_VS._Non-com
>
> Hope this helps a bit
> --
> luke
Hoi,
Why would it help what the English language wikipedia community thinks
about fair use or non commercial content? The problem is that too many
subjects are raised already; the amount of mail to read is also almost
too much. The only thing that may make the English language wikipedia
communities "special" is that it is big. This makes the problem worse as
there will be more people expressing opinions without making any real
difference to what is at issue.
Thanks,
    GerardM