[Foundation-l] Pledge of personal commitment

Jan-Bart de Vreede wiki at devreede.net
Sun Dec 17 14:58:01 UTC 2006

As required per the conflict of interest policy of the Wikimedia
Foundation, I am hereby posting the pledge of personal commitment to
foundation-l

WIKIMEDIA FOUNDATION INC.

PLEDGE OF PERSONAL COMMITMENT

As a member of the board of trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation, I,
Jan-Bart de Vreede, am committed to Wikimedia Foundation's goal to establish
and maintain the highest level of public confidence in its
accountability. I have personally committed to follow the standards
set out below, which represent the Wikimedia Foundation's conflict of
interest policies:

I will conduct my activities with the board of trustees of Wikimedia
Foundation so that I do not advance or protect my own interests, or
the private interests of others with whom I have a relationship, in a
way that is detrimental to the interests of, or to the fundamental
mission of, Wikimedia Foundation.

In every instance in which I represent the Wikimedia Foundation, I
will conduct my activities in a manner to best promote the interests
of Wikimedia Foundation.

In all matters that come before the board of trustees for a vote that
may favorably impact my own financial interests, or the private
interests of others with whom I have a financial relationship, or any
organization of which I am a part, I will reveal that relationship and
abstain from a vote in the matter.

When a conflict of interest arises, or when a potential conflict of
interest emerges, I will promptly disclose that conflict, or potential
conflict, to the Executive Director of Wikimedia Foundation and to the
Chairman of its board of trustees and seek a resolution of that issue.

Entered into on this the 17th day of December, 2006.

Jan-Bart de Vreede
Member, Board of Trustees
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.

--

I am actively involved in the Wikimedia Foundation.

You can give the gift of knowledge by donating to Wikipedia!
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising>