[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation's help to the projects

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 22:26:17 UTC 2006

On 12/14/06, Michael Bimmler <mbimmler at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/13/06, Brad Patrick <bradp.wmf at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Soufron is no longer the Chief Legal Officer.  He has no role at this time.
> >
> Okay. And what about the Legal department and the juriwiki-l? Are they
> abandoned too?

Similar questions come from me:
- Is Press department active? We can say it was replaced with Press
subcommittee?
- Is Press Officer vacant? (It may be a silly question, since recently
I wrote so with my hand on meta)
- And how about other "Officers"? Which is vacant and filled? Or
replaced with a certain committee's chair? Wait, we have heard
Officers had joined Frankfurtertagung?

Even among us who are stick on meta & this list, information is in a
mess. Refactoring will be nice, if transparency and recruiting new
staff from the community is our real concerns.

The reason I ask those is we find still such descriptions on meta; in
this week I found "Elian is the Press Officer" "Press Officers role is
to care for Jimbo's interview" ... Perhaps it would be practical to ta
{{historical}} to all department pages? Oh wait, "technical
department" and its Officers seem to be active (and only?)

--
KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org