[Foundation-l] Welcome to our three new board members

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 17:25:00 UTC 2006

On 12/8/06, florencedevouard <anthere at anthere.org> wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> A few days ago, I wrote you a "short" email to give you feedback on the last board meeting, which occured in Florida. Reference: http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-December/011869.html
>
> As I promised, we welcome today 2 new board members, whom most of you already know, Mindspillage and Oscar (also known irl as Kat Walsh (us citizen, lady), Oscar van Dillen (dutch citizen, gentleman). Welcome to you both.
>
> Tim Shell has chosen to resign from the board, effective 15th of december. At this date, he will be replaced by Jan-Bart de Vreede.

Welcome to Oscar and Kat, and a future welcome to Jan-Bart. I am
convinced that the expansion of the board is a great step towards
sustainability for the Wikimedia Foundation and that all three will be
a great asset to achieve all the things still left to do.

I personally want to thank Tim Shell for the insight he has provided
us with in the past few months, and hope, to echo Florence's words,
that he will stay around to see through the things he has started to
push forward in the organisation.

Delphine
--
~notafish