[Foundation-l] OLPC & Windows?

elvis at chan.de elvis at chan.de
Tue Dec 5 23:00:23 UTC 2006

Quoting galwaygirl <user.galwaygirl at gmail.com>:

> I just came across this worrying news item:
> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2170209/microsoft-looking-windows-olpc
>
> Does anyone know more about this? Is it really true?

it should not be such a big problem since (afaik) the hardware is
compatible to other pc and there are "system builder versions"* of
windows where you can "click together" your own windows without all
the clutter.

it is quite some work but possible. i think the guys from ms could do
it in very short time if they need not to write new drivers.

*i am not sure if this is the real name of it, never did it myself,
just stood behind someone doing it.