[Foundation-l] [Wikichix-l] Moderating an open list

Puppy puppy at KillerChihuahua.com
Tue Dec 5 18:24:00 UTC 2006

cohesion wrote:
> On 12/5/06, Puppy <puppy at killerchihuahua.com> wrote:
>

>> I apologize for being unclear. I meant that the posts which protested
>> the list were largely dismissing any concerns as irrelevant.
>>

> I don't think the concerns are irrelevant at all, but I don't see how
> not allowing me to learn about the concerns will help solve them. In
> other words, I don't see how blocking this information off in a closed
> list, which I am not allowed to read because I have the wrong genitals
> will further the cause of helping us get more woman contributors.
>
> Judson
> [[User:Cohesion]]

I concur. I also respect that some women feel that having a "safe place"
to discuss issues would be helpful to them. There has been much ridicule
on this list, and the en list, concerning the hostile atmosphere towards
women, which would seem to underscore their concerns. Why bring up an
issue when a large number of men will respond "There's no problem!
You're just too sensitive!" and dismiss their concerns?
-kc-