[Foundation-l] Montenegrin request for new language wikipedia

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Dec 2 23:20:36 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:
> On 02/12/06, Darko Bulatovic <mail at itam.ws> wrote:
>
>> Dont put words in my mouth, it is rude thing to do. As this is not key
>> it is just one fact in the history of Balkan. And Balkan is not UK. And
>> this comparison just shows that you don't have a clue what you talk about.
>

> I don't know if you've noticed, but you've so far managed to convince
> absolutely no-one here.

I am not at all convinced that we should have even the 3 wikipedias we
have right now.  In general, it is quite reasonable to say that there is
in fact one language here, not 3, not 4, not 10.

The problem of two writing systems is a difficult one, yes.  But the
fact remains that if you sit down over a beer with people from all these
dialects, they can laugh and joke and have fun together just as well as
people with different dialects of English.

--Jimbo