[Foundation-l] Wikiversity

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 23:03:33 UTC 2006

It came to my mind that we probably did not clearly announced here that
we approved the creation of Wikiversity :-)

Here is the resolution :
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution_Wikiversity

A couple of important points

1) there will be a domain at beta.wikiversity.org, where all new
languages may contribute and start working on translation of guidelines
etc...

2) those languages with at least 10 active participants can request a
separate domain name. As of today, I presume the english language has at
least 10 people interested, so you guys may bug Brion to ask for
en.wikiversity.org. I am not sure if it is the case for any other language.

3) All sites will be flagged "beta" in the same way that wikinews has
been for at least 6 months.

4) During these 6 months, guidelines should be developped, *in
particular* with regards to collaborative research. We would hope that
these guidelines are as much as possible developped on the beta site (in
particular collaborative research), so that all languages share a common
goal and a few common non negociable rules.

5) At the end of these 6 months period, the project will be reviewed, in
particular so that the issue of collaborative research is qualified, and
if possible to define whether the beta stage is over. Reviewal will be
done by Spc.

I hope that's clear... ;-)

We wish good luck to this project.

Ant