[Foundation-l] Optional advertisement on wikipedia

Robin Shannon robin.shannon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 04:58:56 UTC 2006

If we did this we could add it in our donation page so that ppl who click
thru to there might become users just to display the adds. This might
increase the revenue stream a bit more than what it otherwise would be.
Maybe also if we put an automated message on everyone's talk page about it
when we introduce it. en. has (i think) 1 million users, most of whom never
edit, but if even a small percentage of them read while logged in (quite
possible - is there some easy way to mine the Database data to find out?)
then most would see the message and a percentage would opt-in which would
still be 10s maybe even 100 thousand people.

paz y amor,
-rjs.