[Foundation-l] New project proposal: Wikineur

Robin Shannon robin.shannon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 05:16:47 UTC 2005

Woah, calm down people. Read the proposal. Ok, so the stuff about
advising governments is just not in the least related to our mission,
but take a look at some of the other stuff. I have had personal
communication with Gavin specificaly related to the second half of the
proposal, and there would be a lot of great stuff we could do.

Imagine creating and distributing information on drought proofing
small farms, to help small hold farmers; bicycle repair information,
to give someone the gift of transport, or even start up a small
buisness repairing other peoples bycycles. Imagine, providing
information on how to make soap out of simple ingredients, or on
creating an irigation system. There is a massive information divide
between the 'north' and 'south', bridging this divide sounds like its
with in our mission. I'm not saying that this will solve all the
worlds problems, but surely it might help some people. There are
charities like Oxfam, who provide micro loans to start up small
buisnesses, what if we could provide (pertinent information) with that
loan, so that there is a better chance of the buisness works. Just
imagine it. Maybe we dont have the ability to do this, but maybe just
maybe we do....

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:17:41 -0800, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> VampWillow wrote:
>
> >I'm just having dinner and let out a big "eep" when I saw this ...
> >

> >>There is nothing mysterious about creating wealth.  The right environment
> >>combined with the right people automatically results in lots of
> >>opportunities creating jobs and money.
> >>

> >That'll be why all these Nigerian death scams work then ...
> >
> The many factories producing brand-name sneakers in south Asia creat a
> lot of wealth ... just not for the people that are making the sneakers.
>
> >>The idea behind Wikineur is that it acts as a complete resource to set up
> >>a state from scratch
> >>

> >WOW! are you planning to set up shop on Titan or Mars or stage a coup
> >somewhere? (Your name is Mark Thatcher and I claim my £5!)
> >
> As the name "Wikineur" implies, it's got a lot of nerve.
>
> >>with all the institutions required to support the
> >>economy.
> >>

> >Hey ... that is why their are politicians!
> >
> The libertarian model would prefer not to have all those institutions.
> They could be seen as interfering with wealth creation.
>
> >>I clearly do not have knowledge of all the topics to be
> >>covered but have a fair idea of the broad framework required.  This could
> >>become an excepionally powerful teaching tool in developing countries.
> >>

> >Your heart may be in the right place, but this whole proposal looks
> >terribly conceited that anyone who got involved with it would have the
> >audacity to tell others the "right way" to do anything, let alone run a
> >country!
> >
> It's a proposal of a kind that comes from people who believe their own
> rhetoric.

paz y amor,
[[User:The bellman]]

--
hit me: robin.shannon.id.au
jab me: saudade at jabber.zim.net.au

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
Recombo Plus License. To view a copy of this license, visit
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/