[Foundation-l] Re: Swedish, Spanish, French Wikinews set up

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 08:32:47 UTC 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:19:29 +0100, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would appreciate greatly that when you create a new wikinews, you take
> care of updating the wikinews page, which is currently stating that only
> en and de exist.

The new languages were added to that page:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikinews&diff=93846&oldid=93845

> I do not see where these steps are respected here. In particular, I do
> not see the names of the five regular editors supporting the french
> version.

They are listed at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/Start_a_new_edition/Archive#French

At least five people with a user page are required, and this was met
for the new wikis that were set up.

This is in accordance with the (proposed) policy at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Policy_for_wikis_in_new_languages and
also with the original proposal at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews#Internationality

Angela.