[Foundation-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] Wikimedia Foundation : le ver dans le fruit ?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Jan 27 10:40:27 UTC 2005

Robin Shannon wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 07:43:17 -0800, Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales
><jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
>

>>I do not mind complaints about the path we are taking towards a larger
>>and more institutionalized board, although of course helpful comments
>>that Assume Good Faith (which I think I have earned) are even
>>better. :-)
>>

><tounge in cheek>
>Jimbo, i would have thought that you would be more familiar with
>wikimedia rules and guidelines. Good Faith is not something which is
>earned, it is a basic right of all users, even users that happen to
>also be founders.
></tounge in cheek>

Familiarity with the rules includes familiarity with the very important
one that says to ignore all rules.  The ones who best apply that one
also tend to also have enough personal familiarity with common sense to
not appear as usual suspects before the ArbCom.

Your reference to Good Faith is linguistically peculiar, even though I
agree with the sentiment. Good faith describes a WAY of doing things -
in our circumstances more particularly editing.  The basic right,
therefore, is to be _presumed_ to be using good faith.

Ec