[Foundation-l] Re: Emergency Medicine Wikibook: seeking programmersand doctors, nurses, paramedics

Paris Lovett paris at pazzah.com
Thu Jan 27 03:54:37 UTC 2005

Hmmm. I did indeed sit down with some board members and a lot of people felt
that it was reasonable to start the Emergency Medicine Wikibook with a few
departures from the previous Wiki norm: registration screen, credentials,
templates.

But after reading these emails and some others that followed my meeting with
the board, I'm feeling that indeed I should just start the thing. So I did.
It's online.

I created a "template" page for people to use, mainly to keep some
consistency in organization.

At this point I'd particularly appreciate it if anyone has time to tweak and
make the template page as good looking and smooth as possible. When I invite
doctors to create new pages they will start by copying the template, so it
will influence the whole look of the book.

I'm a terrible newcomer to the Wiki markup language, I have to admit. If
anyone has time to teach me on some very basic topics, I'd much appreciate
it. (And yes, I have looked them up on the help pages, but just haven't
figured them out yet). Just email me if you have patience for a poor
beginner and a little free time.

One final, rather big question. I've gone ahead and created an entire set of
chapters, but the chapters point to (as yet) empty pages. I'm wondering if
that's the best strategy. It seems possible that it's better to leave blank
things that haven't been written yet, so people know they need to be
written.

Thanks,

Paris.