[Foundation-l] New project proposal - Wikibuilder

Christiaan Briggs christiaan at last-straw.net
Tue Jan 18 00:43:41 UTC 2005

Paweł 'Ausir' Dembowski wrote:

> Can't it be a part of Wikibooks?

It could, but then so could all the Wikimedia projects. I'm not sure it
would suit Wikibooks. I see this as a "commons" project covering the
design and construction of the built environment *in its entirety* in
all languages. Plus the prominence of being a separate Wikimedia
project will help in attracting builders and designers. It may even
need special code introduced into MediaWiki to deal with
presenting/previewing up-and-coming 2D and 3D file formats, etc.

Christiaan