[Foundation-l] Re: Concern with performance issues

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 21:27:11 UTC 2005

Ray Saintonge a écrit:
> David Gerard wrote:

> :-D Let's face it, we're in uncharted territory.  The number of
> volunteers is huge, and each one has considerably more power than a
> volunteer in most much smaller organizations.  Many have strongly
> opposing (usually sincere) views of what is right, and are totally
> convinced that any other position is idiotic. Even our management
> philosophies are radically different, running the entire range from
> laissez-faire permissiveness to literal totalitarian strictness.
>
> With apologies for this note of pessimism -- Good luck!
>
> Ec

Hmmm, this raise a immediate comment.

I am supportive of hiring someone to help, in particular to do all the
admin basic and boring work as well as helping on site in Florida. This
would relieve both Jimbo who, ihmo, can help more in other areas, and
relieve current developers from day to day work and let them focus on
improving the whole system.

I have been wondering if it was a better idea in the long run of hiring
current developers or total or need total strangers to the community. I
am undecided on this. But one thing appearing obvious and potentially
problematic to me would be that the employed would have to follow a lot
the community opinion, ie opinion of non employed. I am curious to see
that admitedly :-)

Aside from this point, a little precision :

No developer is currently employed by the Foundation. Yet.
Jimbo has been doing some interviews in that sense.

Ant