[Foundation-l] Forking the Wiki

Christopher Larberg christopherlarberg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 04:46:14 UTC 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:37:30 +0100, Jens Ropers <ropers at ropersonline.com> wrote:
> 1. I think Fallujah's survivors of siege warfare and radioactive and
> chemical weapons have more pressing needs right now than logging on to
> the Internet and editing some website.

Just out of curiosity, when was Fallujah nuked and sprayed down? I
must have missed it, between eating my double-Supersized Big Mac and
filling up my 2-mile-per-gallon SUV.

> 3. Adding to that, well, what do you think -- if a foreign army lays
> siege to, and napalm-bombs someone's hometown, would it be unreasonable
> to assume that the person so affected might rather be WAY past
> contributing friendly edits to a joint encyclopedia? (Which is why I
> reckon that the US has guaranteed itself one or two sequels, al Qaeda
> branded or otherwise. But then, that's just my hunch and I could be
> wrong.)

The U.S. military destroyed the last of its napalm a few years ago, if
memory serves me right. I could be mistaken, though.

This will probably do nothing except ignite an off-topic flame war,
but I'm curious about these claims.

--Slowking Man