[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikimediafr-l] donations

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 15:27:28 UTC 2005

> Subject: [Wikimediafr-l] donations
> Date: Sunday 27 February 2005 06:49
> From: Dean Rivando <deanrivando (at) yahoo . ca>
> To: wikimediafr-l at wikimedia.org
>
> I would like to donate, but I will only do so if I receive a tax credit in
>  Canada. Can you please advise me whether you have charitable status with
> the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency and whether donations made in Canada
> are tax deductible.

While we are almost certainly are about to get tax exempt status in the United
States we have not yet explored that possibility for other nations. This may
require the formation of a Wikimedia chapter in Canada but we have not yet
looked into this.

Rest assured that once we have tax exempt status in the United States we will
explore ways to directly gain similar status in other nations where possible
and encourage the creation of national chapters where not.

-- Daniel Mayer