[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

Christiaan Briggs christiaan at last-straw.net
Thu Feb 24 13:48:53 UTC 2005

Gerard Meijssen wrote:

> In a library all the books are there. I am opposed to libraries not
> stocking on books that are encyclopedic in their outlook.

Precisely. And what is currently happening on Wikipedia is that many
editors are pushing for certain images be suppressed or even removed
based on their ability to cause offence (i.e. self-censorship).

This scheme would mean that such images do not need to be removed from
the server, instead letting the end-user choose to hide them.

Christiaan