[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Feb 24 13:29:22 UTC 2005

Christiaan Briggs (christiaan at last-straw.net) [050225 00:24]:

> You didn't answer my question. You're not seriously suggesting that
> Gerard did not know about it are you?

No, nor did I at any time suggest it. If you can point at the message in
which I did so, I would welcome this so as to improve the clarity of my
communicaiton.

> The rest of your email didn't make sense to me.

Even the bits about how continuing technical discussion of implementing a
feature when the very need for it is highly contentious can be considered
artificial and disingenuous, and come across as an intention to implement
the debatable policy as a fait accompli?

(Note that this concerns appearances, not necessarily what you were thinking
at the time.)

> How does one purge
> debate while at the same announcing where it is in the opening
> paragraph?

Evidently he feels it is profoundly lacking in prominence.

> Purge, in case you were unaware, means to remove. The only thing that
> has happened, on the advice of, Rowan Collins, is that it has been
> _moved_ so as discussion about technical implications is not drowned by
> Gerard's shrill.

Are you assuming bad faith on Gerard's part?

- d.