[Foundation-l] fr.wikinews logo

notafish notafishz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:50:36 UTC 2005

> That is a route you do not want to go. The fr:wikinews is controversial,
> there has been a lot of agro about it being started in the first place.
> The Wikinews project as a whole is not beta anymore so consequently the
> French wikinews is not BETA either.

Agreed.. in theory. If the project goes live, the whole project goes
live. But I *so* agree with Ryo on that BETA thing... Maybe again we
should adapt the rules (the more we go, the more we learn), and make
sure a specific language project is viable before it goes off BETA?

> Your point is that the news coverage is not great.
Not great is the least we can say. The last story written is an
editorial (and I mean the word) on a very controversial subject ie.
music download., without references and definitely defending a POV.

> What you are really after is something different: "what is the minimum
> level of activity to have the continued existence of a wikinews." No
> news in 14 days might qualify. Then again, how do you treat the request
> for a restart ? Again five known editors promissing to give it a go ??
> It is a Pandora's box, but please let hope leave her box.. :)

I am not so much in favor of a closing down of the thing, but a BETA
thing would be grand. And if it stays BETA for another year...well...

Delphine