[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 18:02:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:41:18 -0800, Nicholas Knight
<nknight at runawaynet.com> wrote:

> The page is about implementation details. Philisophical discussion of
> whether or not it should be implemented are off-topic.

I fundamentally disagree with that. If we are not going to do it,
discussing how we are going to do it is useless. If we are going to do
it, objections should be allowed to be raised. Also, stating the
objections to a given idea might well aid in improving it by showing
the places where it needs improvement.

Either the people writing this page want to include it, or they don't.
If they don't want to include it, they should stop wasting their and
other people's time on it. If they do want to include it, they should
be ready to discuss its inclusion.

Andre Engels