[Foundation-l] And blocked again

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Tue Feb 15 16:03:03 UTC 2005

>Unfortunately, open proxies in this manner constitute a public problem on
>the Internet. Wikipedia blocks them on sight because they are primarily
>used for abuse.
>
>If you HAVE to use that proxy if you want to use that ISP, at this stage
>it's up to you to get them to run their systems competently.

If they constituted a problem on all wikipedia's they were blocked on
all wiki's it is clear you do not know the situation in other countries.
The provider will laugh. If I cancel my contract I have to pay 150
dollars and loose my 20% discount on my telephone lines. I do not have
this kind of money. This is food for 3 weeks for me!!! Japanese
wikipedia should not block them. I am not a vandal. I wrote over 500
articles on nl. I started nl.wikinews partly. I contributed articles in
other languages and you give me this bull??????

Walter van Kalken