[Foundation-l] Blocking on Japan

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:35:55 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 21:13:42 +0700, Walter van Kalken
<walter at vankalken.net> wrote:
> How do I think you can solve this? On dutch nl: I am a sysop and a
> proponent of hard blocking policies. If somebody vandalizes they get
> blocked for 24 hours, period. I heard there are problems on Japanese
> wikipedia with getting sysops and there is a shortage of hands so that
> is why Japanese as the only wikipedia decided to block open proxies. So
> you need to get more sysops.

I find it rather strange for you to call for hard blocking policy.
Apparently you don't mind blocking someone because there are 2 vandals
on the same computer or same IP-address, and yet you are complaining
for being blocked because there are 50 in the same country. Is there
that much difference?

Andre Engels