[Foundation-l] Enforcing WP:CITE the Soi case

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Sat Dec 3 09:53:16 UTC 2005

SJ wrote:

>On 12/2/05, Brian <brian0918 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2005-December/005312.html
>>
>>I especially like the option to include "cited text" and "paraphrase".
>>So, as his sample image shows, we can essentially cite every bit of an
>>article, thus becoming as sourced as any published book or encyclopedia,
>>but better!.. because our sources are public, whereas with Britannica,
>>

>That would be more sourced than most published books or encyclos.
>
>We can also track and show (as mouseover text?) the contributed-date
>and contributing-user for every word/set of words in an article.
>There are a few nuances in getting the attribution right, but we can
>at least offer a first-approximation without much work.  Figuring out
>how to effectively store and render that information, is another
>question...

This idea is way way overdoing it in my opinion and would surely chase
people away. I feel for having citations moved elsewhere. I do not feel
every letter needs to be referenced only the most important facts.

On the "references" for the soi article. I read them, both pages. And
the article on wikitravel is : written by people like ourselves so how
can we use it as a reference? And second the article on wikitravel
definately contains wrong info. So I am going to remove that source.

The other source just shows how the word SOI is written in Thai. I do
not really feel the need that such a thing would need to be referenced.
But I will leave it in the article

Waerth/Walter