[Foundation-l] Wikiversity

Robert Scott Horning robert_horning at netzero.net
Thu Aug 4 04:11:48 UTC 2005

Angela wrote:

>Despite claims to the contrary,
>http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikiversity was certainly _not_ protected
>at the advice of the Wikimedia Foundation.

Calm down a moment.  Instead of posting here on Foundation-l, perhaps a
more modest commentary on [[b:Staff Lounge]] would be better?  Certainly
on the talk page of Aya?  I know you think Aya is going overboard a
little bit on Wikibooks, but I think it is more a part of education than
trying to kill this new admin.  I do see that you put some commentary on
the talk page for Wikiversity, but there could be a little bit more
within the Wikibooks community.

Aya has been getting a considerable amount of advise via IRC on
#wikimedia, and I think some of that advise may not be as good as it
should be.  Before you blow you stack, lets try to solve this problem a
little more calmly.  I also don't see much on Wikiversity that is
pressing to be changed at the moment besides the commentary that you are
complaining about.

Aya has been trying to reorganize some of the Wikibooks policy pages and
cleaning out some cruft that has been laying about Wikibooks for some
time.  I think that going after Wikiversity may be too far, but again
Wikiversity has not exactly been progressing that far either.  I'm going
to try and get Aya's viewpoint on this issue.

--
Robert Scott Horning