[Foundation-l] Wikisource as a repository for thesis

rfrangi at coopetition.it rfrangi at coopetition.it
Wed Oct 13 14:24:43 UTC 2004

I dont'know if the subject has been already debated in the past, but we are going to publish on wikisource a thesis written by a fellow wikipedian who graduated last week in sociology. The nice thing about this is that the thesis is ON wikipedia (specifically the italian edition).

Since we haven't found any other thesis published on wikisource, we asked ourselves if a thesis can be published there.
On http://wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:What_is_Wikisource%3F is stated that "Original writings by a Wikipedia contributor are excluded" (but given the subject of the thesis we think everyone will close an eye).
Still a thesis is a document, that has a certain degree of academic recognition.

The question is: wouldn't be nice (and useful) if wikisource could work also as a repository for thesis?

Snowdog.