[Wikinews-l] Re: [Foundation-l] Setting up Wikinews languages

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 17:38:06 UTC 2004

Mathias Schindler  wrote:
> > Could someone please confirm whether
> > this is the case or whether there is already enough support for a
> > German Wikinews?
>
> I can confirm it. And I also confirm that "already" does not apply.
> Support for a vapourous thing won't increase. Please stop assuming that
> the success or failure or the whatever of en.wikinews will have a short
> term influence on de in case you do.

I just want to make it clear that I was never assuming one Wikinews
would influence the success of another in the way that you imply. I
was simply passing on the results of a discussion on IRC, in which I
was led to believe that one of the German mailing lists had made a
decision about this, and I wanted to clarify the situation before the
wiki was created.

Anyhow, the wiki now exists and I have made Elian an administrator
there and Mathias a bureaucrat as per requests via Jimbo.

http://de.wikinews.org/

Angela.