[Wikimedia Education] Wikipedia Ambassadors, Wikiversity and possibility other WMF projects

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton137 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 01:45:08 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'd like to point out a discussion I've just started on Wikiversity
asking if they are using this project as part of the Wikipedia
ambassadors program

http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Wikiversity:Colloquium#Wikiversity_and_Wikipedia_Ambassadors_program

and ask you if you know of any other Wikimedia Foundation project,
beyond Wikipedia, involved in the Ambassadors program. If some case
you know to tell us is not in English or some Romanic language, I'd
like to read your experience about it.

Also, a short comment bellow about a point of Juan's nice description
(thanks!) about Czech Republic situation of its educational sector.

2011/12/19 Juan de Vojníkov <juandevojnikov at gmail.com>:

> Other "problems" comes when newbies coming to the Czech Wikipedia. There is
> a luck of mentors for them and they have to face both technical (wikisyntax,
> templates, standards) and social problems (unpleasant users, lack of social
> interaction, just templates on their discussion page). Thus we have agreed
> to focus on setting up some features from en.wp such gadget Cite[2] or
> Wikilove. At this time User:Vojtech.dostal comes up with the information
> that Wikimedia Foundation's (WMF) developers is close to WYSIWYG editor for
> Wikipedia, but user Chmee2 is afraid that most of the good tools from WMF
> might be reject by the local community.

What about using Wikiversity in Czech <http://cs.wikiversity.org/> for
these social problems you mention? I've seen similar comments on
Wikiversity to be more hospitable than Wikipedia (see, for instance,
the last note in blue here <http://diigo.com/0lzhd>), from volunteers
of both English and Portuguese languages projects.

Best wishes,

Tom