[Commons-l] Proposed custom wikitext license feature for UploadWizard

Neil Kandalgaonkar neilk at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 19 00:10:16 UTC 2011

On 9/18/11 1:59 AM, Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> The texts indicating licenses are localised at translatewiki.net
> <http://translatewiki.net>. Consequently there is no need for templates
> and localised texts will appear daily thanks to the LocalisationUpdate
> process.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here, at least in the context I'm
talking about. I'm talking about some sort of interface that would
enable users to pick any license that has been accepted on Commons (and
as a proxy for acceptance, Category:License_tags).

The only translated licenses texts I know about are:

- The messages in WikimediaLicenses, but those are embedded in sentences
and not usable elsewhere. There are only a handful of licenses.

- The texts that UploadWizard uses, which are part of its configuration,
designed to appear in menus, and thus translated via TranslateWiki...
but they are incomplete, they don't have every license that Wikimedia
Commons uses.

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar (|  <neilk at wikimedia.org>