[Commons-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

Gnangarra gnangarra at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 09:03:19 UTC 2011

*Just an observation, individual responses to questions are my opinion only
*

On 16 September 2011 16:08, Tobias Oelgarte
<tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Dear readers
>
> The questions are:
> * Will the board or the WMF proceed with the introduction of the
> personal image filter against the will of it's second largest community?

*While it maybe the position of a single recognisable group of editors that
the filter isnt wanted. Its undeniable that the opinion of all editors
irregardless of their background that there is a consensus that a filter
system is wanted
*

> * If the WMF/board does not care about the first question. Will it
> affect the way the personal image filter will be implemented? For
> example: Not for all projects. A different implementation as suggested
> inside the "image filter referendum".

*WMF does care about the opinion of all editors not just a select portion of
the community,  no one community should be placing, promoting, or holding
our community at ransom nor should any editor take the position that their
opinion is valued any differently to that of any other editor. Also it was
the consensus that the use of a filter system must be the personal choice of
each editor that means there is no need to force people to use it nor is
there any need to deny people access to it.
*

> * Will there be an attempt to follow this example and to question other
> communities the same question?

*Wikimedia community is the community there is no ethinic, religious,
political, social or cabal of any kind its a single community thats been
built on consensus, understanding, respect and  freedom. IMHO such
questioning will create unacceptable divisions, create ethic cabals, and
promote intollerance as such the WMF shouldnt be a party to that. Individual
Chapters may choose to look at their community but from my experience
chapters and their membership dont represent significant proportions even
within the local community.
*

> Greetings from
> Tobias Oelgarte
>
> [1]
>
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meinungsbilder/Einf%C3%BChrung_pers%C3%B6nlicher_Bildfilter
> [2]
>
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meinungsbilder/Einf%C3%BChrung_pers%C3%B6nlicher_Bildfilter#Auswertung

*Irregardless of our personal opinions we should be working together
promoting the consensus that the community as a whole decided. There is
nothing wrong with challenging the processes nor is there any problem in
querying the implementation process*.

Gnangarra
--
GN.