[Commons-l] Fwd: [Gendergap] Photo of the Day on Wikimedia Commons

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Mon May 16 14:29:16 UTC 2011

On Mon, 16 May 2011, Andreas Kolbe wrote:

> There seems to be a worrying tendency to treat Commons as a gallery for non-notable art.
> It's an educational project, not a vehicle for self-promotion.
> A.

This image can be used in educational encyclopaedia articles about
anime/manga, (female) toplessness, contemporary art, fictional landscapes,
depictions of humans in art, art produced on computers, debates
surrounding any of these topics, and almost certainly many other uses too.

It therefore seems to me to be a very good example of educational material
that Commons should be hosting.

Chris

----
Chris McKenna