[Commons-l] Fwd: [Gendergap] Photo of the Day on Wikimedia Commons

Neil Kandalgaonkar neilk at wikimedia.org
Mon May 16 07:13:54 UTC 2011

I changed the picture. I'd like to note that I did this not owing to any
'authority' I might have as a WMF employee, just as a regular person
associated with Commons.

I did not know what to do with the translated captions, so I blanked
them out without deleting them. (The only language I know aside from
English is French and even then I'm likely to make some grammatical
mistakes.) If the proper thing to do is to delete them, please let me know.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Potd/2011-05-16_(cs)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Potd/2011-05-16_(de)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Potd/2011-05-16_(es)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Potd/2011-05-16_(fr)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Potd/2011-05-16_(ja)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Potd/2011-05-16_(nl)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Potd/2011-05-16_(uk)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Potd/2011-05-16_(zh-hans)

On 5/16/11 6:43 AM, Ryan Kaldari wrote:
> I'm
> all for Commons hosting a wide array of uncensored images, but I'm tired
> of seeing the Main Page being used as a fap gallery for fanboys.

+1

>  For some reason people don't seem as concerned
> about the real incidents of censorship on our projects.

+1000

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar  |) <neilk at wikimedia.org>