[Commons-l] Photo contest for Kosovo and Albania

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 5 12:18:23 UTC 2011

Hi there,
now that I found this list, I wanted to let you know about this photo
contest we have been working on for almost one year
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:BestPictureOfKosovoForWikipediaContest

there are photos on flicker, facebook and commons, we are still
working on processing all of them, any help would be nice.

The idea was from gerardm who spoke at the freesb conference in vlore
albania last year.

We are still working on the next events for this year, sfk11 is being
planned for the first weekend of november in prishtina.

It would be nice if we can find some sponsors of the photo contest, I
was thinking of something like a 500Euro prize for the first photo to
make it to the picture of the day for the commons,
I would even be willing to donate some money myself to wikimedia ev
germany if I could tax deduct it.

thanks,
mike

--
James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova and Albania