[Commons-l] Proposal for an allrightsreserved.wikimedia.org website

Gnangarra gnangarra at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 23:41:00 UTC 2011

Why would these images even need a wiki, these images are the property of
the foundation if they are such a big concern to Commons Community, (I've
been on common for a few years and was not aware of real concerns about
those images) then the Foundation should address the issue.

Why start a "project" unless the project has scope for media outside of what
can be handled internally by Foundation Office staff

On 2 February 2011 05:27, Blurpeace <blurpeace at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wait, so we're moving a few 100 files, creating a new project, and adding
> onto the burden of our already overworked technical team so we can remove
> two sentences from project policy? The "staying true to our colors"
> reasoning sounds obsessive-compulsive.
>
> I'll ask again because I may very well be missing something here: why
> exactly should we start the "allrightsreserved" project?
>

> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:56 PM, Manuelt15 <manuelt15.wiki at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> If it's only for Wikimedia copyrighted logos/files, you have my support.

>>> "Share alike" means "thou shalt not create a hybrid monster". But
>>> people fail to see this, because at present allrightsreserved and free
>>> contents are too close to each other on the same Commons website.

GN.
Gn. Blogg: http://gnangarra.wordpress.com