[Commons-l] Proposal for an allrightsreserved.wikimedia.org website

Teofilo teofilowiki at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 12:26:41 UTC 2011

2011/2/1 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> On 1 February 2011 08:59, Alex Brollo <alex.brollo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/2/1 Alex Brollo <alex.brollo at gmail.com>

> There would be a push to expand it to fair use. I would call this a
> bad idea myself. Fair use should stay deprecated IMO, not encouraged
> with a central repository.

I think it is better to create a separate horror museum so that people
wanting to create monsters can have their cake and eat it. I am aghast
to see hybrid monsters with a free body and an unfree head being
uploaded on Commons, and Commons having no clear rule against those.

At least Commons will be freed from such Frankenstein creatures.