[Commons-l] About MediaWiki:Main_page_thumbnail_cycler.js

Krinkle krinklemail at gmail.com
Mon May 17 00:42:46 UTC 2010

Hi Magnus,

I've checked it out with Web Inspector in Safari (ala Firebug in
Firefox) and noticed it tries to load in (one or more times each loop)
an "undefined" thing to url: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/
undefined . This sometimes causes a questionmark-image to appear in
the flow. Not sure what causes this.

Tho I haven't read the script fully and extensively I noticed an
additional API call is made to aquire the thumbnail paths. It could be
that you need that API-call for some other information, if that's not
the case you might be able to save that additional Ajax request by
using something like this:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/thumb.php?f=Example.jpg&w=100

--
Greetings,
Krinkle

Op 16 mei 2010, om 17:04 heeft Magnus Manske het volgende geschreven: