[Commons-l] About the current Commons homepage

Hay (Husky) huskyr at gmail.com
Sun May 16 13:42:32 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,
great to see that people are already starting up to clean up some of
the worst areas. Thanks! I would remove the bullet points in the
sitenotice though (i'm not an admin, so i don't have access to the
sitenotice).

Detecting languages is not that easy, and afaik most websites tend to
use some kind of combination of server and client side solutions. E.g,
geo-ip on the server side for location (and a default language) and
some client-side Javascript for exceptions.

I'll try to make some wireframes with a few elements i think we should
have on the main page and share them with you here.

-- Hay