[Commons-l] Preserving art on Commons

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sun May 9 06:39:58 UTC 2010

Please preserve art on Commons.

Greg writes:
> Unfortunately Jimmy unilaterally removed the commons policy
> preferring the illustrations:
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons:Sexual_content&diff=prev&oldid=38893040
<
>  Now I don't know where we stand.

Thank you, now I see what led to artwork being deleted.  The original
policy text was since restored, as was most artwork.

The artwork removed seems well within current Commons scope.  I would
very much like to hear the arguments for removal -- but to those
favoring removal, please leave them undeleted while such a policy
change is discussed.

They were all in use somewhere, and many are illustrations made by
talented artists, on specific request from the community - it would be
unkind to remove them without due consideration and a thorough
explanation.

Sam.