[Commons-l] Broken videos

Michael Dale mdale at wikimedia.org
Tue Mar 16 16:49:41 UTC 2010

In addition to firefox getting a new release out that works better with
linux audio we should try and review and deploy the transcoding addition
to oggHandler. This way high res videos won't get directly embed in
articles: http://prototype.wikimedia.org/sandbox.2/Transcode_Test

In the mean time if user "used firefogg" we supply some good default
encode settings.

Also sorry for the somewhat surprise mention of
http://videoonwikipedia.org/ We are still trying to iron out a few bugs
before we more make wider calls for feedback and start publicizing it
more ( video thumbnails for example ) .. I will follow up with more
details especially around getting input on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Lights_Camera_Wiki

peace,
--michael