[Commons-l] GlobalUsage deployed an up to date

Bryan Tong Minh bryan.tongminh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 10:20:59 UTC 2010

Hi all,

As you may know I have been working on GlobalUsage, a MediaWiki
extension that allows showing on which Wikimedia wikis a Commons image
is used. We had some problems before, requiring it to be disabled
before deployment complete, but now it has finally be deployed and the
data set has been built.

You can now view where an image is used on the bottom of the image
description page, or via Special:GlobalUsage. [There is still a
problem in the special page causing the "prev" link to not work, but
the fix for that will be deployed soon hopefully]

Best regards,
Bryan