[Commons-l] Some reflections about the governance of Commons

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:32:26 UTC 2009

Hoi,
If you worry then you should not post arguments as fact and when you post
argument as fact you should not say that you are a casual onlooker. Either
you know what you are talking about and have an opinion that is founded on
whatever or you are just fanning the flames.

If you had paid any attention, you would know that the content of the
pikiwiki project is freely licensed. The question is very much about to what
extend the i has to be dotted and the t has to be crossed. If anything I
think that Commons is doing poorly. It should have at least 10 times the
amount of freely licensed content. This is in my opinion not happening
because of a broken conception of what Commons is about. It is broken
because all kinds of things are conflated in one heap. Conflated are freely
licensed, educational, artistic and quality. It is a mess that makes our own
projects choose for Flickr.
Thanks,
       Gerard