[Commons-l] Vandalism

Al Tally majorly.wiki at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 20 17:58:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 5:47 PM, <abigor at forgotten-beauty.com> wrote:

> I don't think a bot could get this kind of vandalism. Using a page
> blanking bot could be nice but most work has to be done by humans.
>
> I am happy to notice when I am patrolling new edits I get a often a edit
> conflict with somebody else that is also reverting the vandalism. But I am
> afraid not everything can be found while paroling.
>
> Does Flagged Revisions also works on images?
>
> Best regards,
> Huib

I'm not sure how familiar you are with anti-vandal bots, but English
Wikipedia has several such bots that do an excellent job. ClueBot, for
example, would have easily caught that vandalism. We have a lot of coders
who would be willing to run such a bot on Commons, with modifications if
necessary.

--
Alex
(User:Majorly)