[Commons-l] Digitisation equipment

Nemo_bis nemowiki at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:36:58 UTC 2009

Andrew Turvey, 27/08/2009 16:20:
 > The concept we were thinking about is linking with municipal
archives, saying - we'll scan your records for you if you release them
to us copyright-free afterwards. Not sure if it's a runner at the
moment, which is why I'm asking the question to see what others have done.

Well, yes. I think that 100,000 € is the basic investment (see IFLA 2009).

> Could you tell me more about the "transcription" tasks? Have we got access to any resources that are awaiting transcription?

Do you mean apart from 1,593,519 texts only on
http://www.archive.org/details/texts ?

Nemo