[Commons-l] Our categories are broken, very broken

Alexandre NOUVEL alexandre.nouvel at alnoprods.net
Thu Sep 18 10:20:35 UTC 2008

Hi list, bonjour Delphine,

---Selon Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com>:
> I need a road sign. I figure there are a bunch of road signs on
> Commons, so since I am in Wikipedia, I go to the French page for a
> sign, hoping to swiftly follow the categories to get the the road
> sign I need.
>
> That's my starting point:
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circulation_en_sens_unique
>
> I dare you to give me sensible a way to get here:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:C6.svg
>
> ...if you don't speak English.

I did this:
 - went to http://commons.wikimedia.org (I use Commons French interface)
or either clicked on any image in the article and then followed the link
to the image description page on Commons
 - typed in "sens unique" in the Commons search box
 - this led me to
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=sens+unique&go=Consulter

The first item of the list seems to be the good one :)

Best regards from France,
Alexandre.NOUVEL at alnoprods.net
|-> http://alnoprods.net
|-> L'encyclopédie libre et gratuite : http://fr.wikipedia.org
\ I hate spam. I kill spammers. Non mais.