[Commons-l] revoking licenses /user-request-deletions

ABF wikipediabaeren at gmx.de
Wed Sep 17 13:42:09 UTC 2008

Hi all of you.

In the last months I recogniced more and more uploaders wanted their
Images to be deleted. In normal cases I delete on uploaders request, but
not if someone wants to have all his images / most of them deleted. This
is problematic, because all the Licenses we have are _unrevokable!_

Yesterday there was a user who clearly wants all of his Images yust to
have all his Images gone and after we opposed his CSD-request he yust
said "My father/sister/whatever took the Image, so its unfree" and we
had to delete them all.

I belive we should get a clear consenus about this. (For example
blocking in cases as above!?) Do you have any Ideas?

Regards,

ABF