[Commons-l] Cross-project dupes

Maarten Dammers maarten at mdammers.nl
Tue Sep 9 16:36:16 UTC 2008

> And, could this tool support other projects?

I wrote http://toolserver.org/~multichill/nowcommons.php a while ago,
less colorful, but should work on every wikipedia.

> Many other projects have copied PD images from en.wp, and those images
> have since been moved to Commons.  It would be a great help to be able
> to quickly go around the smaller projects and assist them to use the
> images now on Commons, and remove the duplicates.  I was just now
> doing this over on en.wv, and was thinking that I need a tool to help
> find the dups!

At the nl wikipedia i created a template a while back to mark images
moved from other wikipedia's, but not yet transfered to Commons. The
template makes the images end up in
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorie:Wikipedia:Afbeelding_afkomstig_van_een_andere_wikipedia
This can be very useful to mark images and later transfer the source
images to Commons.

Maarten