[Commons-l] On upload forms

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sat May 31 21:13:23 UTC 2008

Bryan Tong Minh wrote:
>> Java upload applets are a pain in the butt, IMHO; you have to click
>> through a "signed applet" warning then wait for Java to load. Ick!
>>
>> WordPress 2.5 uses an optional Flash widget for streamlining uploads,
>> which seems cute, but that brings in the whole flash/gnash/whatever
>> morass. :D
>>
> Oh yeah I like those Flash system, but ZOMG unfree11!! stuff will popup.

Today I was seeing how the upload form of http://www.virustotal.com/ was
showing the percentage of file uploaded. Seems AJAX or similar Web 2.0.
IMHO viewing a measure of how we're slowly still sending it would be
appreciated. Big files means a lot of time with a blank page being
loaded (sending the post data).