[Commons-l] 100 years old images

Bryan Tong Minh bryan.tongminh at gmail.com
Tue May 20 08:22:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:15 AM, contact at robinschwab.ch
<contact at robinschwab.ch> wrote:

> Rama Neko <ramaneko at gmail.com> hat am 20. Mai 2008 um 02:03 geschrieben:
>

>> Cause, fair enough; this is their business. Commons, on the other hand, is
>> about collecting and making available Free material -- *demonstrably* Free
>> material.
>
> Commons is also an image repository for Wikipedia. So we should encourage users
> to upload things to commons and not to the local wikipedias.

Commons is not an image repository for Wikipedia. Commons is an image
repository consisting of *free* images for all Wiki_m_edia projects. I
agree that we should encourage to upload as much as possible to
Commons, but some things simply don't fit in Commons' free content
mission which other projects don't necessarily care as much about.

Bryan