[Commons-l] 100 years old images

Codeispoetry codeispoetry at adrianlang.de
Thu May 15 15:41:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, May 15, 2008 11:10 am, Jastrow wrote:
> The German Wikipedia has a {{Bild-PD-alt-100}} template which states
> something like "the period of protection for this work has likely
> expired according to the provisions of German law and therefore is
> considered as PD". See
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorlage:Bild-PD-alt-100

This template is quite a nice and useful tool for the german wikipedia, since they are creating an
encyclopaedia. However, the project goal of commons is to become a repository of free media, so we
should be really concerned about the actual copyright status of files and not only about the
probability of legal steps against the uploader or the foundation.

While talking about this deletion request, I just want to add that Yann, Checkuser and Admin,
behaved in a most flagrant way and misused is sysop rights not only against consensus but also in
his own interest. Sad.

regards,
Codeispoetry