[Commons-l] Commons-l Digest, Vol 36, Issue 5

Jastrow jastrow at pip-pip.org
Thu May 15 09:02:11 UTC 2008

Le 5/15/08 10:38 AM, Sylvain Dufour a écrit :
> Yann
> you're right about some acceptation of copyrighted works...
> To answer to Cary Bass, there're some examples in New York streets
> categories... I don't think that the architect of Apple store or some
> recents buildings are already dead... so it's a form of acceptation
> (reagarding fench law)

I wonder why we should consider the French law regarding American
buildings. The American law allows freedom of panorama for buildings, so
that should be enough for us.

What bother me most is the de facto tolerance for pictures of fairly
recent French buildings, for which the French law has no similar
exception. See for instance pictures of buidings by Jean Nouvel
(Institut du Monde arabe and so on). It's true we also have loads of
pictures of copyrighted outdoor artworks taken in countries where
freedom of panorama does not apply.

Marie-Lan